Following in the footsteps of other national theme parks and water parks across the United States, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions is enhancing its family fun vacation offerings nationwide this summer and VR is factored into the mix.
At the resort’s Sandusky, Ohio property, five new waterslides are being rolled out. They include:
- Stingray: This raft slide builds anticipation with an exciting serpentine in-run before the raft suddenly drops into a 45-degree tunnel. The ride then gains serious speed before entering a five-story funnel.
- Sahara Sidewinder: For thrill-seekers, this slide creates a “drop-and-dive” sensation as riders fly through steeply angled saucers.
- Tornado Alley: Riders will experience two high-energy funnels throughout the course of the slide – as well as a sudden 24-foot drop, which allows for high-banking swings and zero-gravity moments.
- Serengeti Spinner: This high-speed, enclosed body slide features back-to-back curves and tight 360-degree loops.
- Extreme Rush: Riders stand in a transparent pod high above the waterpark before the floor drops in the near-vertical chute, launching riders to experience the tight 360-degree slide at a fast speed.
Additionally, we’re told that Wisconsin and Pennsylvania guests can also enjoy the virtual reality experience The Arena. “The only free-roam, warehouse-scale, multiplayer, virtual reality experience, The Arena is more than just a video game,” this week’s announcement reads. “The installation of The Arena in the Wisconsin Dells and Pocono Mountains resorts marks only the second and third locations in the country to offer the rare attraction.”