Ahead of the weekend in London, the GSMA announced the first speakers for the 2017 Mobile 360 Series – West Africa conference.
The conference is set to take place April 27 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Abidjan Airport in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
“Additionally, MTN has been confirmed as Platinum Sponsor for the event and Huawei is the Global Industry Supporter for the full Mobile 360 Series of conferences taking place throughout 2017,” a provided statement reads.
VRJournal can now confirm that the first speakers tapped to present at Mobile 360 – West Africa include:
- Pierre Guislain, Vice-President, Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization, African Development Bank
- Daddy Mukadi Bujitu, Chief Regulatory Officer, Airtel
- Daniel Asare-Kyei, Managing Director, Esoko
- Matthew Wilshere, CEO, Etisalat Nigeria
- John Giusti, Chief Regulatory Officer, GSMA
- Mamadou Bamba, CEO, Orange Côte d’Ivoire
“The mobile industry is playing a key role in driving digital, financial and social inclusion in many African countries by providing access to essential information and services,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer for GSMA. “We are excited to be bringing the Mobile 360 Series to West Africa, convening key stakeholders to examine the practical steps needed to overcome critical roadblocks in technology, governance, business models and investment.”