The GSMA today unveiled a new slate of details for the 2017 GSMA Mobile World Congress Shanghai.
The event will be held June 28 – July 1, 2017 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC).
This morning, the GSMA provided several updates, including the first confirmed keynote speakers.
“Through the expanded Mobile World Congress Shanghai conference, attendees will have the opportunity hear the latest insights from leaders across the mobile industry and adjacent industry sectors,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer for GSMA. “We’re also very pleased to again be partnering with the Shanghai Digital Information Festival to showcase the impact of mobile on citizens’ everyday lives and the contributions of the information economy to society.”
The first keynote speakers include:
- Edward Tian, Chairman, AsiaInfo Group
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises and Chairman, GSMA
- Sanjay Jha, CEO, GlobalFoundries
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Kathryn Brown, CEO, Internet Society
- Takashi Tanaka, President, KDDI
- Rangu Salgame, CEO, Growth Ventures Group, Tata Communications and Non-Executive Chairman, The Next 3B
- Steve Mollenkopf, CEO, Qualcomm
- Andrew Penn, CEO, Telstra
- Eva Chen, CEO and Co-Founder, Trend Micro
“Through a combination of keynote sessions and focused summits, the Mobile World Congress Shanghai conference will examine a wide range of topics, including augmented reality and virtual reality, connected cars, data security, the Internet of Things, media and content, next-generation networks, and operator strategies, among others,” today’s announcement reads.
To learn more about this summer’s event, click here.